Is your child suffering from Nausea?
We know that in order to prevent or decrease Nausea, a doctor may prescribe anti-nausea meds (such as Zofran, Ondansetron, Emend etc.) which you should give a couple of days BEFORE a chemotherapy treatment cycle.
However, nausea can come and go also long after chemo has ended and if you do not want your child to take such meds frequently, here are a few natural remedies which we gathered from our parents’ community, to ease nausea:
- Popsicles (water-based and NOT dairy).
- Lemon, lime (a glass of water with a lot of lemon in it).
- Medical Cannabis drops (available in some countries and states).
- Ginger, peppermint, plain yogurt, rice.
- There is also naturopathic (plant-based) medicine, which any naturopath can make and which contains the following:
Tincture.Zingiber off. 30%Alpinia off. 20%Elettaria 20%Mentha piperita 15%Matricaria rec. 15%Use: 60 drops 4 times a day. Drink with water or juice.
Remember, what helps one child may not help another, therefore you should try different solutions to solve the problem.
If you know of any other remedy, please send it to us and we will add it to this list.